The maps are staying surprisingly consistent. I hope they hold. If they do, the weekend should be really nice at the coast for NE winds. If I go, I'll probably head down Friday evening and sail all day Saturday. Doubtful I can stick around Sunday.

 

Alan

Views: 83

Comment

You need to be a member of Charlotte Windsurfing to add comments!

Join Charlotte Windsurfing

Comment by fishcamp on September 16, 2011 at 10:20pm

Alan here. We should be there...

 

 

Comment by rdm on September 16, 2011 at 10:09pm

will anyone be at the north end sunday?

Comment by Alan White on September 16, 2011 at 3:07pm

Scott reports from The North End: chest-high, 5.0 and 4 turn waves. On a scale of 1-10, he's giving this morning's sesh an 8. From him, that's pretty good.

 

Donald from Ocracoke head to logo-high, closing out some, but rideable. Same wind.

Comment by Alan White on September 15, 2011 at 4:51pm
Oh, man!  I didn't even see the forecast for here!  That's great!  Sounds like a Highway 16-Unity Church Rd. event to me.
Comment by Waterturtle on September 15, 2011 at 4:43pm

I can't get away since new commitments popped up when AWT got cancelled....but there is a lake wind advisory for Friday....might have to take lunch hour on the water:

http://www.wunderground.com/US/NC/071.html#WND

 

Comment by Alan White on September 15, 2011 at 8:07am

Yes, The AWT would've been really good.  

 

Looks good all up and down the coast. The North End will go off, as well as Ocracoke. Mac, you and Rob should cash in on those points and come down, even if for one day. It'll be worth it.

Comment by Waterturtle on September 14, 2011 at 8:41pm
Ocracoke is open from points south so anyone can get there now. Oh, what could have been for the AWT Hatteras Wave Jam!!
Comment by Alan White on September 14, 2011 at 5:14pm

I'm focused on what we call The North End. Google maps "Carolina Beach, nc". Once there hone in the extreme north end of it where there are no houses and roads. You can buy a day pass for $20 dollars, or a year pass...for I don't know how much.  NNE (which the are calling for) can be really sweet. The forecast is now 20-30 knots and 5 foot seas all weekend. Donald and a couple of others are going to try to sneak on Ocracoke. It's been closed due to Hurricane Irene. There should be several windsurfers and kiters. Plenty of room for all!  You MUST have waterstarts down confidentally for this place. Doesn't hurt to have a spare mast either.

 

Comment by Rodney Chaplin on September 14, 2011 at 5:10pm

Where will you guys be sailing "at the coast?"

I would like to join up if not too far.

 

Thanks

Rod

Comment by rdm on September 14, 2011 at 11:43am
too bad.  i've got obligations too.  i'm iffy for saturday.  sunday may work better.  lets stay in touch

© 2017   Created by Waterturtle.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service