This Wednesday....Strong NE...not sure how much rain associated with it. Who is up for windsurfing at Beatties Ford Access in Denver for some Gorge-like windsurfing?

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Mac have you launched @ Beatties lately? They've added a fence on the N side of park(sticks well out into water) that complicates launching, giving a longer wind shadow to work thru. I know Badin is a long haul for the LKN crew, but you launch rite into the windline, with a clean 5 mi. fetch & a great windswell in full on conditions. the narrowing of the lake & the Uwharrie Mtn's give it a mini gorge effect & feel. if I'm in town that's where I'll be.

I have not been to Beatties in a while so didn't know about the fence....interesting.  Not sure if I can make the 1.5 hr drive to Badin.  Have wanted to sail there for years but Wed is going to be part work day for me, then have to get back to family late afternoon/early evening.

Look like strong NW wind on Wed now. Maybe mornings showers, then good after that? Anyone going out?

It looks like Badin/ Beatties is mute pt. for wed. NOAA & most of the rest of F-casts have lite N/E tues. & strong N/N/W to N/W for wed.probably after early rain?? If it happens early I may make Blythe, head'n W V pm(maybe some snowboard'n)?

I have not been to Beatties in a while so didn't know about the fence....interesting.  Not sure if I can make the 1.5 hr drive to Badin.  Have wanted to sail there for years but Wed is going to be part work day for me, then have to get back to family late afternoon/early evening.

It looks like lite rain/ snow? will end early afternoon giving 15-25 N/W to N/N/W with higher gusts thru dark, with decreasing temps. Travel plans have changed, I'll plan on head'n to Blythe a little after noon, with heavy rubber!!   

Not sure if i'll make it to Blythe today. Have a short window this afternoon and might have to launch from Mooresville side channel.
Looks like there will be a lull around 1pm, and then it picks up again, classic NW wind getting stronger late in the day.

@ Blythe the lull lasted til a little after 3:00, did some launch trail maint. It filled in to 5.3 quickly, 112ltr work'n good, started gett'n stronger gusts about 4:00,  lasted til 4:30, still blow'n @ 5:00 when I left. Back home, Sat. AM maybe lite to mod N/E until about 1:00??, back to Badin. Anybody else get out WED?? 

I got out on the Mooresville side main channel for about an hour late afternoon.  5.5 sailing....strong gusts.  Fun but cold!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Waterturtle.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service