Maps look good for Friday and Saturday (NE wind) at coast

LONG TERM /THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY/... AS OF 3 AM MONDAY...STRONG NORTHEAST FLOW CONTINUES THU AND FRI AS HIGH PRESSURE OVER NEW ENGLAND CONTINUES TO RIDGE DOWN THE COAST. GRADIENT REMAINS PINCHED THROUGH THE PERIOD WITH SPEEDS IN THE 15 TO 20 KT RANGE...EXCEEDING 20 KT AT TIMES. SEAS WILL RUN 5 TO 8 FT...HIGHEST IN WATERS OPEN TO NORTHEAST FLOW.

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rob & I hit the main channel LKN Sat & Sun in the NE & E wind.  Sat was best...15-20kts+ for 4 hrs+ of windsurfing...then Sun started out powered up on 5.4s until the rain came & killed it.  Felt good to windsurf again 2 days in a row on LKN...that never happens!

If I could find someone there with a pontoon boat so we could go to the main lake during S events Badin would be spectacular.  Hasn't happened yet though.  Dixie shores is the next best thing if I could park without getting towed.

Chuck Anderson said:

We launched @ the Badin picnic area, just north of the RxR tracks on NC740. It was  a bit to far east to really be solid, puffy 7.1 for me. More East in F-cast for today has me thinking of Beatties ford launch on LKN for today & maybe tomorrow. If it goes due E or S/E Whitney Channel will start working.

Have you checked out Kings Mtn Pt. day use area, near Badin Lake & Group camping areas, It's a ways from anywhere, but has a paved parking area & has a paved path ( 100 to150 yds.) to a launch next to restrooms & fresh water. Yesterday it was solid 6.8 & Techno for me, just offshore you can see all the way to Alcoa, for very clean fetch. If it looks like the rain will hold off I may go back today?

rdm said:

If I could find someone there with a pontoon boat so we could go to the main lake during S events Badin would be spectacular.  Hasn't happened yet though.  Dixie shores is the next best thing if I could park without getting towed.

Chuck Anderson said:

We launched @ the Badin picnic area, just north of the RxR tracks on NC740. It was  a bit to far east to really be solid, puffy 7.1 for me. More East in F-cast for today has me thinking of Beatties ford launch on LKN for today & maybe tomorrow. If it goes due E or S/E Whitney Channel will start working.

Thanks Chuck!  This is great.  link  How did you do Sat?  Had a great wave sail sesh at OIB Sat.

Chuck Anderson said:

Have you checked out Kings Mtn Pt. day use area, near Badin Lake & Group camping areas, It's a ways from anywhere, but has a paved parking area & has a paved path ( 100 to150 yds.) to a launch next to restrooms & fresh water. Yesterday it was solid 6.8 & Techno for me, just offshore you can see all the way to Alcoa, for very clean fetch. If it looks like the rain will hold off I may go back today?

rdm said:

Chuck Anderson said:

It was pretty good, solid 7.1 & the Techno, a little "White Knuckled" in some puffs, rain came in about 2:00 & killed it. Got about 1.5 hrs. That is a wierd site, such neat facilities hidden deep in The Uwharrie, I spotted it on Google earth, really like it but it's a long ways around the lake. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Waterturtle.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service